Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Weekend

I did it I did it I did it and I did it in High Heels!!!! I did use my cane but performed both nights at Beluga - oh, I did enjoy the huge men lifting me up on my box to sit on the piano! We had a good weekend though and I didn't hurt myself at all. Then I did the craziest thing - Shane was conducting a 5 hour art workshop on Sunday and I HAD to go. So I actually set my clock, got up, showered and drove to Marietta to paint for 5 hours! It was glorius and I always learn something. I did tell everyone I thought they were fools to be up that early - we had got to bed around 6 am! I'm working on a painting that I took years ago of Downtown Greeenville, SC and it will be nice when I can finish it. Also, I took the two paintings that Shane is going to show at the Calhoun Art Center this month. Maybe, just maybe, they will sell! I was really exhausted by Sunday night but Kenny and I went to Kroger and I made our favorite soup - we call it "Myrtle Beach Soup" because when we were on vacation last year we had this at a great Italian place and they actually gave me the receipe. I'll share it with everyone. It doesn't sound that good but it is heavenly (don't tell the kids it has collard greeens in it) - I NEVER eat greens but they are good in this.
Minestra Beans
“Beans and Greens”
Emberto’s Myrtle Beach SC


Ingredients:

Ham Stock ( I use beef or chicken broth)
2 cans Great Northern White Beans
1 Can Collard Greeens
1 Can Crushed Tomatoes
½ Cup Onion
1-2 Cloves Chopped Garlic

Heat Stock, watet, onions and garlic until onion is tender
Reduce heat, add beans, collards, tomatoes.

Bake in oven 350 degrees for 45-60 Minutes

Serve with Parmesan Cheese

Claiborne’s Note: I cook sweet Italian sausage and the onions and garlic – I add that to the soup for a “Meat Meal” - I really think the “Baking” is the secret!!!!! Enjoy

On another note I went to the Doc yesterday and got my stitches out - he says my knee looks good (even if I did perorm in heels) as he rolled his eyes! Dr A says I have a lot more "Arthur" in my knee than he thought at first so he may want to try the "lubrication" shots after 8 weeks. We'll see but for now it's get on the bike and don't hurt myself! My whole outlook has been lifted after this surgery. I was in pain for so long and that can be very depressing but I found myself this week just "feeling lighter" (not weight-wise ha ha) but mentally. Now, today is great - got all my errands done yesterday, house keeper cleaned the house, and I cooked so I can actually decide what I WANT to do today. It's going to be a rainy week so I'm thinking about starting on the dreaded "closet clean-out"! Maybe - I'll decide that later - it may just be a lazy day too!

Best of my Day: Not "having" to do anything!

No comments: