Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Painters and Contractors!!!!!!!!


Wow - we are having the outside of the house painted this week - simple yes - HA....9am bang bang bang bark bark bark! And me in a stuper! Can't sleep and can't wake up. Actually, the house looks great. I went with a very off white with a more off white trim. It looks great with the brick and very clean. Now, when we bought the house 4 years ago they had "Painted" all the windows shut! I need fresh air!! I could never get the windows open but the guys did and it's going to be wonderful. I got screens for the ones I want to open and also a storm door for the front and a new screen door for the deck. We are putting in a whole house fan with 2 vent fans on the roof too. There are a lot of times here in Atlanta when we can use this - except of course for the real heat. We wanted to tear down the deck and build a new one but duh - got to sell some more art work for that - maybe next year! Tomorrow hopefully will get the screens up and I think they are about done except for the attic fan. Needless, to say I've gotten nothing done this week. Tatiana and Matilda have been a little crazy and I've had to stay in the bedroom with them with the gate up. I will have to post photos after it's done. I'm also taking down all the blinds to clean - that's going to be a real job and tomorrow is thursday - yikes - almost the weekend! In the middle of all this I'm changing over winter to summer clothes - another dreaded job. Let's chalk this week up to spring cleaning! Oh, one photo I have to post. The little rose bush in Columbus at the "Compound".....


"Stop and smell the Roses"..........

2 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

Wow - the roses look awesome! Can't wait to see your house. I am just wanting the darn fence painted - but never seems to happen. Love ya

Christy said...

Beautiful roses! Can't wait to see photos of the finished paint job.