Friday, April 11, 2008

First Cut of the Grass

"Bath Day" - only got one of Matilda!
First Grass Cut of the Year!

We finally got the mower started so I could do one of my favorite things - cut the grass!! I'll be sneezing like crazy tomorrow but it felt so good. BUT, I had found an ant hill so I put some poison on it then my neighbor came over and I was going to put some on what I thought was another ant hill. There was some fur in the ground and it starting moving!!!! She lifted it up - we thought it was a bird and you won't believe - it was FOUR baby bunnies! There was a nest and I had actually run over it with the mower but they were buried in the ground. They did not have their eyes open yet but they looked really good and they wiggled. We put the fur back over it and I googled it and found out the Mommy Bunny feeds about twice a day - dawn and dusk. They don't mind the human touch but said to just leave them alone - that the mommy should come back. Oh, I hope so. This is a Columbus weekend and I hope they will be here when we get back. It also said not to try and tame a cottontail because they would rather be in the wild. I just hope those Pesky Kids will leave them alone this weekend too. I hope to get a photo but I do not want to disturb them any more - can you imagine the trauma of a tractor running over your bed!!!! I think their names will be Winky, Binky, Dinky and Nod!!! It was also "Bath" day for the girls so they look all pretty in their pink bows. It was a beautiful day today in the 70's but tomorrow it's going to be real stormy and by Sunday cold again! At least the rain will wash some of the pollen away - it's awful here right now and everything is "Yellow". I'm going to mix a drink at Belloo's this weekend and call it "Georgia Pollen" - after two of them you won't care if you sneeze! And it will be "Yellow" - sounds like Scotch to me!! Have a great weekend everyone.....


Best of My Day: Cutting the grass and then realizing I didn't kill the Baby Bunnies!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Sigh. I do love your yard. Bunnies make it ten times better, too.

60ish and Glad said...

Oh I love baby bunnies. How precious. Keep us posted on their progress