Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Baby Bunny's




Well, they survived the weekend while we were gone but I'm surprised they did. I'm so mad at my neighbor I could spit nails (that's being nice) - I was worried about her bratty children bothering them but it was her that could not leave them alone. She took them out of their den (oh, she said the mommy bunny came by - duh) and took them into her house! With three kids! Then the put up a little "Tent" in my front yard because it was going to get cold. I said LEAVE THEM ALONE...the poor things don't even have their eyes open yet and the Mommy is taking care of them herself. I went on line and read about how she comes to feed them twice a day and that cottontail bunnies do not want to be held or kept as pets. They love the wild and will hurt themselves to escape from your hands if you try and hold them. It's suposed to get warm again this week and I sure hope they are grown enough to survive. She had them in a blanket so I said let me take a picture before you kill them! OK, I didn't really say that but I was thinking it! Then I kept saying just leave them alone. I think I'll sit in my yard with a big straw hat and a pitchfork and dare them to come in my yard! Please, Emma, I'm not really mean but don't like stupid people. Trust me, they are not allowed in "Nana's World" or not allowed to touch Tatiana and Matilda! I just had to get that off my chest and I will keep posting about the Bunny's - I sure hope they grow up quick and hop hop hop away really fast. It was a cold rainy day and I loved it! I'm tired from the weekend but going to get some painting done this week. And Kenny just mailed the taxes -yeah - maybe I can have my husband back! It's the first tiime in a while we haven't filed an extension so I'm really glad he got that over with. I don't know how he does it - I'm one of those who would have to have an accountant (I really don't like math!) And we're back to a two car family (we sold the sable) and getting the house painted with the money. I'd rather have a 20th anniversary cruise but the house really needs painting!!!! On with the week....




Best of My Day: Driving in the Rain!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

Christy said...

Oh-Oh-Oh! They are sooooo precious! Though I'm almost as angry as you are about the neighbor lady, I am really happy that you got a picture of their sweet little faces :) I have been the same way with the cats stalking my baby birds. I am practically sitting on the porch and shooing them away!

60ish and Glad said...

When we were kids, Bob found a bab rabbit alone in a nest - the mom was dead from a dog fight and there were several dead babies. We brought it in the house and fed it and loved it. It knew no one but us as it had its eyes closed when we brought it in. We kept it in the house about 4 months. It was friendly and very cute. But even with all that domestication, Bob took it outside and off she hopped - never to be picked up and snuggled again.