Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Cousin Denise

Thank you all for your kind comments. There is a "Life Celebration" for Denise in Reno this Saturday. We wish we could all be there for Laura and Don. My Mom asked me to write a poem for Denise and my other cousin Linda is going to go from Washington state and will read this at her service. I just wanted it to be on my blog - I am very sad right now but also richer because she was in my life....

The Bravest Woman I ever knew: Denise


Born with a burden but never burdened
Never grew tall but what a giant in life
Don’t think she can’t keep up with you
She’s small but filled with might

Who needs to walk when you can soar like the wind
Anytime, Anywhere, Any Day
And she doesn’t particularly need your help
Just follow her and she’ll show you the way

She is a daughter, She is a sister, She is a friend
She is a girl, She is a woman, She is a wife
We all have traveled the road with her
And are grateful to have been in her life

Had you ever seen a smile so bright
Or Determination to fill a room
Heard a laughter that filled your heart
And who would leave us all too soon

So rest Little Angel with God above
For what we now see in the sky so bright
Is Denise racing all around heaven
Guiding us with her light…….

Your Cousin, Claiborne
2008