Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Ah, Painting Again



These are photos of "Work in Progress" Twelve weeks from my surgery and I finally painted again yesterday. It felt so good even though I only painted some small things. I did try an orginal oil on hardboard. I know a lot of people use this and I've had it a long time but just painted on it last night - I still prefer canvas. I painted some Oil cigar boxes and had fun with these. I tried to paint a couple of really small canvases - 6 x 6 and to me it's harder than painting a huge canvas! Today I had to go to Physical Therapy AND a Mamagram - talk about "squished and torture" all one day. But please get your mamagrams every year. I say this in honor of Kathy Morrow, my childhood and best friend who has been in heaven now for 8 years. She fought a hard battle so I will continue to fight for a cure. Also, I am playng with some ink jet transfer for the cigar boxes - that will be interesting. Today was my Mother and Father's 62nd Anniversary so Have a Great One! My Daddy posted a date (10-10-10) on the frig at home and we all asked what it was. He said that is the date he and mother will be married for 65 years! I thought it was the fertilizer that he always put on his garden! I feel much better about everything I've done this week. I promised after vacation I was taking my life back after surgery and I have really done it! Of course, I'm pretty tired too trying to do so much in one week. It's bath time for the babies tomorrow too - oh boy.

Best of My Day: The Weather Forecast - Highs around 70 and lows in the LOW 50'S and maybe even 48 on friday morning. Got my sweats ready!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Looking good MamaC. Why are you talking about the weather? The Rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain. ;)

Christy said...

Glad to see you back in the saddle again - I know you're lovin' it, no matter how tired you are!