Friday, February 1, 2008

Bad Scare

When your child is sick and you don't know what is wrong it is the most horrible thing in the world. Matilda and Tatiana are my children. Matilda had a bit of an upset tummy so I gave her some Pepto. I went to do a few errands and when I got back she was sooo sick and had very bad bloody stools. I've never seen anything like this. Of course, it was after hours so Kenny and I had to take her to an emergency vet clinic. They did x-rays and blood work and her vitals were good but so sick. This happened in a matter of 2 hours and they are so tiny and get dehydrated so easy. He thought she had a "bug" and don't know where she got it but he gave her shots and meds. We were going to leave her over night (to the tune of $1000) but then he said I'd have to pick her up by 7am and take her to my vet. I said I'll stay up all night and watch her which I did and could have gotten her back there in 15 minutes. So we left the clinic with only paying $533.00!!!! We brought her home and I went to bed with her. She had a couple more "bouts" but was just worn out. I kept my hand on her to make sure she was breathng and just watched my angel sleep. Tatiana was sweet but we tried to get her to stay with Kenny and she had no part of that. So I read a book and fought sleep and prayed for Matilda. At 7 am we got up and wet to our wonderful vet Dr. Aaron. We got in to see her about 9am and she thought she should stay the day with an IV and more meds. We are so blessed with this vet practice here - they have not taken any new patients since 2006 (that's how good they are) and Dr. Aaron is our favorite. I also noticed that Tatiana was a little sick too so she gave me medicine to give her at home. Of course, I could NOT get one of the pills down her - she fought me like a tiger then hid under the bed. So me and Tatiana (finally out from under the bed) tried to go to sleep after a cup of tea and sleeping pill at 10 am! I sorta slept until 3:30 - got up to go get Matilda. I'm still in a fog! Matilda was better and happy to see me. Oh, she is so sweet. We're all home now and I've split pills - got "liquid" meds for Tatiana and I made breakfast at 7 pm - I would my day has really been screwed up! Now it's time to put the make - up on and go to 2 shows. I'm not quite sure how to do this but I do know I am so thankful to God and Dr. Aaron for saving Matilda. Like I said they ARE my children and I love them with all my heart. Oh, and at our vet Matilda stayed all day on an IV, got meds,got Tatiana meds, got heart guard, dental chews and 2 packs of treats for only $98.00!!!!! That's a good vet! So, $633.00 later I have my angels right beside me and though tired and fuzzy I thank God for my babies. Hope your day was better!

Best of my Day: Matilda coming to my arms with a little smile on her face...

2 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

Oh my gosh. I feel for you having just recently gone through something similar. I still miss my little Opie and it does hurt like losing a child. Thank you GOd for taking care of all my favorite Georgia peaches!

Christy said...

Oh - I'm so sorry. How scary! I'm glad everyone's OK and hope you can get yourself re-oriented soon.