Thursday, February 21, 2008

A nice visit at Home

My Favorite!!!!
Celebrating 95 years and 5 weeks with a prime rib dinner!


Sharing a laugh after almost 63 years of marriage
Sami maybe wanting to play with Tatiana and Matilda


Got back today from South Carolina and a couple of really nice days with mother and daddy. It was really cold and windy both days and rained all the way home but that could dampen my mood. My Daddy is feeling pretty good and that makes Mother happy too. He was his funny self too. On Tuesday night we went to Steak and Ale - he's now celebrating 95 years and 5 weeks so he wanted a prime rib dinner. Of course, he dressed up in his black suit and tie to go to dinner. I took these photos after we had eaten and it's some of my favorites. Him and Mother laughing and I love the one of us too. Then we had gotten Matilda and Tatiana squeaky toys at Target and they played for 2 hours non stop. And Sammie watched from the stairs wanting to join them but still not sure about "dogs". She still hates me - I was going to take her picture and everytime she sees me she spits at me! Then Mother gave a great hair cut - NO boby can cut my hair like my mother and I told her I owed her $150.00! Of course, she really laughed at that as many times she has cut and colored my hair. She also hemmed my pants, gave me food, some silk poppies, a new pair of sweat pants and as I was leaving my Daddy put a jar of White House Apple Butter in my pocketbook! He knows how much I love it and I thought boy, my purse is heavy then I found it! I fixed Mother's hair and gave her some "product" to go in it. We laughed and giggled and it was so much fun. I just don't know how my life would be without them and I don't want to find out. Now, Tatiana decided to freak out on the way home - she hates the rain and big trucks on the highway and we had both. I've got to figure out a way to tranquilize her! She gets more like Chloe everyday! And Matilda just sleeps through it all! They were both glad to see their Daddy and me too. It's always nice to come home to Kenny. We are going to Columbus and pray we don't get the flu from Pat - he's still sick and the flu is raging around here. Speaking of Chloe, her little "mate" - we picked them up the same day - Mellie has gone to the Rainbow Bridge - she would have been 12 years old on March 5th. She had a wonderful life with her Mom, Debi and brought her so much happiness. We all send out love out to Debi tonight and will always remember Mellie and her wonderful stories. It's back to work tomorrow - I'm just grateful for a wonderful week.

Best of My Day: Kisses from Mother and Daddy....

2 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

Boy your daddy does look well. What a great shot of your mom and dad. They become more precious as their lives become more and more spent on this earth. Don't we know it! Love you.

Christy said...

Mamas never stop being mamas, do they? I love that she still cuts your hair and hems your pants :)