Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Wood Worm

Mini Easels for my Art Tiles

My Daddy gave me this name when I got my first saw and drill. I have always enjoyed my woodshop but the painting has kinda taken over the last few years. Well, today I got up, put my overalls on and went down to my shop. I put on my safety glasss (the ones Emma and Andrew gave me with rhinestones on them) and got to work. I wanted to make little easels for my art tiles so I took one apart that I bought for $1.50 and started creating! Of course, I screwed up a couple but finally got it right. Now, my cost is $.50 now not including my time but that's the fun part. They are not perfect either but that is also the art of "home made". It was a very warm day - 73 degrees - and even got a little rain which is always nice. Tatiana stayed downstairs and Matilda kept bringing her squeaky toy in the shop for my to throw. She's not afriad of the saws at all! It was just nice to do something I have missed and love to do. I'm going to make some more then make me 2 more bird feeders because those little stinking squirrels have torn my up! Oh, I like the squirrels too and Tatiana and Matilda love to chase them! So, even though my ankle is still sore, my knee still swollen and I'm always sleepy I had a good day!!!!!

The Best of my Day...Calling my Daddy and telling him about my easels!! Go Wood Worm....

2 comments:

Christy said...

Nothing like a fresh project to cure whatever ails ya!

Anonymous said...

Good words.