Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Painting and Cooking!

And the Beginnina of
"St Augustine Jug"
12 x 16
As you can see I have not put the handles on - maybe I will and maybe I won't!!!!!
My Still Life Set up

"Bond's Martini"
A Donation to the Cancer Research Center in Columbus for the Silent Auction
12 x 12 Oil on Canvas


Even though I signed it I've decided to work on this more ...
a commission for "Miss Donna"

Of course I'd rather paint but sometimes you have to cook too. I made a chili relino bake today with fresh salsa, guacamole and chips. It was very good and Kenny and I got to have a "late" lunch together. I painted some yesterday but only a couple of hours so I tried to get to the studio earlier today. I was hurting so bad on Tuesday I couldn't stand for very long. I broke down and called my surgeon so I have an appointment tomorrow. I know what he's going to say - get and MRI and we need to fix this knee. My right one did so well but this one is very swollen and I'm limping all the time now. So much for the old knee, I started working on a couple of things. My friend Donna in Columbus saw a print in watercolor of this abstract lady and wanted me to paint it. It's hard to convert a watercolor to oil but I'm trying. It's totally not my style but kinda fun to paint. And today I had a first: I sat up my own still life and started a painting from that. I normally paint from photos so this is exciting and different. I've got a lot of work to do on the painting but I'm loving it so far. I also started another figure painting of Lauren but gotta work on more before I can post it. It's very cold here today - in the 20's - and going to the Doc tomorrow so my painting for the week is probably over until next week. Still it was an inspiring day!









Best of My Day: Mexican lunch and painting!

No comments: