Thursday, September 27, 2007

A WHOLE day at the beach
















I did something I have not since I was in high school - now now, don't go thinking like that! I went swimming in the ocean and stayed on the beach all day! Kenny and took loungers and umbrella's and puppy's and set up camp on the beach! It took some time for Kenny to get the umbrella to stick in the sand and not blow away but he finally got it. We settled down with books and sun screen! I had the long leashes for the babies and we walked them and ran through the water. The water feels like a bathtub! They are having the time of their life and they could definitely be "beach babies". Kenny got Matilda's big purple ball and she tried to chase it but the wind was blowing it faster than any of us could run. We just sat and read and people watched and walked and chased sea gulls. I actually went in the ocean and swam around a bit and it was nice. Then later I watched the babies while Kenny went in for a dip. We stayed until late afternoon, came up and took a shower. That's when we noticed we didn't cover ALL over with the sun screen. We both have some sunburn (not bad) on parts of our body. We hung out here then drove to Little River for dinner on the deck of Crab Catchers. It was nice and good food. Came back and watched some TV - we were both worn out from the day at the beach but it was just wonderful.
Best of My Day: Feeling like a kid again riding the waves!!

2 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

Shoot - I had a hectic work day in a hot suit. I like your day better

Christy said...

What grand fun!