Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Vacation














Ah, the view from the Balcony. It is wonderful and we are starting to really relax. It was pretty hot yesterday so we decided to drive into Myrtle Beach and go "exploring". I had to drive by where they tore down the Pavillion on the Grand Strand. This was a very important childhood memory and it was kinda sad to see an empty lot. The amusement park where my mother and daddy and me with Sugar (our dog) rode the ferris wheel in 1955 and Sugar peed on mother's lap! Can you believe they let a dog ride the ferris wheel? Ah, the good ole days where dogs could go anywhere. As I grew up at the Pavillion which was also THE place to hang out. Real Live Music where you could go in and see the show at 14 years old! Of course, no booze but you felt really grown up. The snow cones, skee ball and baseball flipper machines for 10 cents! But Eureka, one place still remains - Peaches Corner with the best footlong hotdogs in the world! You would spend all day on the beach - get really hungry and run up in your bathing suit and get a hotdog! Kenny and I got a table right on the boardwalk - well, we were the only customers there - and ordered our dog and onion rings! I even called my Mother and told here where we where! They were great and I could close my eyes and picture my childhood again. A very lovely thought. So, here we are with our "Dogs" . I can't get my pictures to go where I want them too - Dang.... Anyway, the condo is wonderful and Tatiana found her "Peek - Boo - Hole and she can watch the beach and bark at all the people. She doesn't want to share her hole with Matilda! After we drove the Grand Strand we headed back home and stopped at the Outlet Malls. I got to pick out one B/D present and we got Kenny at new belt. On to the grocery and bought shrimp for our dinner. We are enjoying the tomato's soooo much that Mother got us. Came home for Tea Time and Mother's Coconut Cake - Yum... Walk on the beach then make dinner of boiled shrimp and salad -double Yum. Watched a little TV then at Midnight we took the beach chairs down to the beach to sit. The moon is almost full - I think tonight it will be - No one on the beach but us and Tatiana and Matilda had a ball! Ran and Ran and dug holes in the sand - rolled on their backs -all this after I had brushed and fixed their hair! It was such a joy to watch them. Then Kenny was trying to fix my beach chair and dumped me on the ground!!! It is such a wonder to sit and watch the ocean at night and powerful. There is such a serenity about it and this is what we needed. I feel all the stress draining from my body. Today it's a stay at home on the beach day and take a book on the beach! See ya tomorrow!
Best of My Day: Eating a footlong hotdog at the same place I ate my first one in 1955!!! And watching Tatiana and Matilda run free on the beach at Midnight.





1 comment:

60ish and Glad said...

Reminiscing brings out all the ahhh’s inside us. What a great weekend to be away and do just that. Bill did that as we went through his Wisconsin hometown when we were there for Dad’s funeral. It was like a sad good-bye though…kind of painful. Sounds like fun. I remember the pavilion at the park down the street from our house in Cleveland Miss. I took my dog Bootsie there and entered a doggie show. I won a prize and Kenny and Bobby ran home to tell mom before I had the chance!!