Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mother and Daddy

Richard Claiborne and Veleda Hemphill 1962
I had a friend Grayson asked me to see a photo of my Mother and Daddy when they were young - I posted some to them a couple of weeks ago - Daddy, 95 1/2 and Mother - 83 this Oct 1st. So when I was home I asked mother for one. She found one taken in 1962. I was 12 years old and it was my cousin's wedding. My Daddy's brother Baxter had passed away and Donna Rey asked my Daddy to give her away at her wedding. It was bittersweet but we all got dressed up (my Dad in Tails)!!! I had a very grown up dress of Baby Blue satin - I'll have to try ad find that picture but I assure you I was not at attractive 12 year old!! I think it had something to do with the "curly hair"!! My Mother would have been 37 years old here and my Daddy 49 - wow - I can remember that night! I LOVE the white gloves I had them too. So for everyone who sees all the "old people" pictures of my parents here they are way before digital and Internet! I think they look marvelous!!!

3 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

Weow. Your dad is so handsome. He looks tall and slim. I would indeed like to see a 12 year old curly haired red in blue satin. I will trade you ugly 12 year old pictures...I bet I can see you one and raise you one!

Kristy said...

Wow!!! So beautiful!!

Christy said...

Oh - I love it! They look so elegant.