Thursday, September 11, 2008

Life Drawing




I have been painting over 10 years now and I have never drawn from life!! OMG, what a rush - tonight I went to Shane's Life Drawing Night -no instruction - just pay $10 for the model - and draw. I CANNOT draw and this is great for me. Oh, I can grid on the canvas or even sketch a little then paint with lights and shadows but it has always frustrated me because I cannot draw from life. So, this is only the beginning - a very slow beginning but I'm jacked. I loved it and it's so different. I have looked for a drawing course, but at the same time I don't want to sit and draw circles and eggs and flowers. So even though there is no instruction it is where my interest is - drawing the human figure. It's a long trek over to Marietta and when art classes start it will be twice a week but I know it will be worth it. Now remember, Shane told me to do "jester" drawing - the model poses for 2 minutes with several poses, then 5 minutes, then 25 minutes for 4 times. You move around and get different angles and poses. It was great fun and I did learn something even though you may not can tell from the photo's! So a new door is opening and I'm ready to run through it!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

It sounds like so much fun! I love trying new things - I understand that rush and that need to just-keep-going and conquer it!
Don't be too hard on yourself - I think your sketches look great :)

60ish and Glad said...

I think they look great too - extecpt the one guy on the left has a bumpy butt....maybe that's the way it is. I know I have a bumpy butt....byut I would never pose nude.