Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Beautiful Fall Painting Day

Cigar Box Paris Street 2
Cigar Box Paris Street 2



Cigar Box Fruit and Blue Jug Cigar Box Boats on the Water

We still have no gas - Kenny went to sit in line and they ran out before he got to the pump. Hopefully tomorrow and bummer - I won't get to go to my Life Drawing Session because IF we can get gas we have to save it for the trip to Columbus. I'm not going to bitch anymore - it won't do me any good. We also canceled our 4 day cabin get away. We decided that it would be more fun to just take off (if we have any gas) and maybe get a tent (which I have been soooo wanting to go back to) and camp out or spend a day in the city. Why pay so much money just to sit in a cabin? It costs a little bit to cancel but we are both relieved. We may even sleep in the van - I still want a small tent! This way we can get out of doing the same old thing - watching TV, on the computer, cooking, sleeping - that's what we would do at a cabin. I'd rather build a big campfire, roast marsh mellows, cook potatoes in the fire and talk! So we're still going to take a break but just not in someone else's cabin! So I painted today - all cigar boxes - I'm trying to get about 20 done for the art show I plan to do in Columbus. If people cannot afford oil paintings maybe at least I could cover some of the cost by selling the cigar boxes. I had fun today and don't have the pics yet - they are too wet but above are a few I did last week. The weather is just yummy and cool and I love it. Can't wait for that campfire!!!!







1 comment:

Christy said...

Love the photos - and happy, happy birthday :) You are loved!