Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Promised Photos

Grey Alpaca Wrist Warmers with Rhinestone Buttons!
Triple Loop

I know - mirrow picture but Kenny wasn't here!


Loop Scarf and matching Wrist Warmers


To match the Loop Scarf



OK - they are not GOOD photos but Kenny wasn't here to take them. This is my Loop Scarf and Wrist Warmers made with the Speed Stix. (the gloves on #8's). I really like the Loops scarf and I can loop it twice or 3 times. Of course, it's got to be pretty cold to wear this thing! Wow I wish I lived in New York! I also made my first "cowl" and working on another one but decided to "frog" it and make the neck bigger so it might look like a smoke ring. I'm still doing all of this with 2 stitches because that's all I still know how to do. Help Christy or Doc!!! It's driving me crazy that I can't make cute little Hats to go with these. I think I'm going to knit some tomorrow - I am so exhausted I can't begin to tell you and I actually got dizzy at the library today and almost fell over. We have not had any kind of break in so long it's getting to me. I swear if we don't go camping soon I'm going to figure out how to pitch that tent and go off into the woods by myself! We actually are supposed to go to a cookout on Sunday but I've decided no way. Kenny and I actually can stay home on Sunday and Monday and that is what we are going to do. Ya just gotta say no sometimes. I'm almost through with my painting too - probably finish it next week then have to start another big one. I had planned to clean up my art studio this week but I'm pushing that back also. The body and mind says stop it Miss gotta do everything. And I'm still trying to dial American Idol to vote for Adam - how in the hell do these people get thru???? Oh well, we'll see tomorrow night. Some good news - the insurance folks were out today and we're getting a new roof! It will cost us some but not nearly what we would have to pay if not for the hail damage. So sometimes you do catch a break and we are grateful. Now the next big home improvement can be the deck instead of a roof - yeah - but that's a long way of too. My garden continues and I'm so happy. I picked daisies and one hydranga today and they are on my kitchen counter and so pretty. Now, not just 10 hours of sleep but a day of rest.......

2 comments:

Christy said...

I'm happy to hear you're taking some down-time. You need it.
Thanks for the knitty photos :) That's the great thing about knitting - there's no *one* way to go about it. And I'm glad you found a way to make it work for you. You're doing fine with just the two stitches. That's all most people ever do! What you need, for making hats, is to knit in the round. You can totally figure it out, I'm sure.

60ish and Glad said...

You don't listen to your body and mind very well do you? But neither do I. You are so driven, like Christy to do things I just do not understand....sort of like you don't understand my exercising. Ha!