Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Behind on Blogs

Dehra's Birthday Smoke Ring and Gloves - Shades of Brown...
Purple smoke ring as a scarf...

Purple Smoke ring


Memorial Day Cook Out!



Work weekend, holiday weekend, company weekend - you know how it goes! First the photos - I can't read knitting patterns and I don't know how to knit in the round so I just make stuff up! I really love the smoke rings and hoods and my girl Dehra's birthday is June 20th. I know it will be hot at hell here but she can look forward to wearing it in the winter. I made it a little too long and maybe should be bigger in the round but I'm pleased with it and I made her matching Wrist Warmers to go with it. The the purple one (yes, it's a pretty purple but it doesn't look that way in the photo) - I did on my Speed Stix. Got the "round" too big and it needed to be longer to cover the head but it will work too. I'm having fun experimenting with these right now and will eventually get a good pattern to work. I'm about ready to try a pair of joined knitting needles and test it out. I don't like to sew the seams too much. I did make a pair of purple Wrist Warmers to match the smoke ring but no pics. We had a good weekend at Beluga with lots of rain every day. Our friends Pat and Margo came up yesterday and we went out to dinner last night then cooked steaks today. Pat and Kenny went in our woods and put up a "silt fence" to re-direct the water from the creek away from our fence - hard to explain but I hope it works and there is no way in HELL I would have gone back there so thank goodness Pat was here to help Kenny. They were soaking wet with sweat and had mud all over them so they hosed off in the back yard and showered downstairs - I think the muddy clothes may still be out there! It stopped raining long enough (sorta) to grill the steaks and we unrolled the awning and ate out on the deck. It had cooled off by then so it was very very nice. I would like to say God Bless all of our service men and women who have given their lives for this country and those who still protect it now. And God Bless America!

2 comments:

Christy said...

You are so funny. Glad you're having fun experimenting with the knitting. If it works, it's good enough! You aren't a "pattern" sort of a girl anyway :)

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

I love it, you look so glamerous.