Thursday, May 7, 2009

Instant Gratification!!!!!!









OK, I'm impatient - can't wait for things to be done - want it right now - can't live without the applause (oop's - that's another catagory!)....Instant Gratification......
As I am LEARNING to knit I do love it but it sure takes a long time when you are as slow as I am. But I'm trying very hard to it without mistakes! And THEN - I found Speed Stix! AH HA....I bought them yesterday - Size 50 - and made 2 scarves last night. OK, I've got 4 days until Mother's Day so hey - why not? I saw this in a pattern book - I didn't want to buy the book so little ole me just whipped out my Blackberry and took a picture of the page - I know that's not nice but I didn't have the extra 10.00 and it's the only pattern I wanted anyway! I also didn't have enough to buy the right amount of yarn so I made it smaller. But I did it - and I did it in one night (about 2 hours). So now my Mother has a nice small lapgan for Mother's Day or it can be a Blankey for the Kitties. I love love love this needles. The scarves are nice too and I plan to make some more of these. I does take a lot of yarn but oh, the instant gratification is worth it. And yes, Christy I will keep working on my smaller needles to learn but I don't think I'll ever be able to do the tiny needles and tiny stitches that you do. I guess I'm too old and want it right now. So anyway, my day off was so nice - I did cook a nice dinner - and got my yarn and knitted. Now I've got lot to to tomorrow to catch up!

2 comments:

Christy said...

LOL! I don't know why I didn't think of recommending those to you earlier! I always figured that need you have for "instant gratification" would prevent you from being too much of a knitter :) But you found a way to work it out all on your own. They look great - love the tassels! (and yeah - $10 is way too much to pay for that sort of pattern if you don't want anything else in the book.)

60ish and Glad said...

Wow, I had those big needles once - back when I tried to knit. Of course I have less patience, less talent, less creativity than you sistah deah! I love the tassels too.