Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wow another week gone!

Mr. Kenny and his Brock!
Brock took this one of Pat and me - in my Easter Bonnet!!! HA HA

gotta paint this one too!


Brock walking the tracks - can't wait to finish the painting!



It goes by so fast - I think it has something to do with old age! Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend. We worked at Belloo's in Columbus and the new stage is wonderful. It changes the whole energy of the room and I love it! Kenny and Pat and Brock and I went for a nice dinner then took Brock down by the river for a bit. It was so beautiful and nice. I only took a few shots but got a couple of great ones to paint. I printed one this morning and very fast sketched it on a canvas, took it to my art group and almost finished it! It will be done next week and it's a very special gift for Pat. Brock is walking the railroad tracks and it was just so cute I had to do it. It will be a surprise but he doesn't read the blog! Brock is our little ray of sunshine in Columbus. He's 6 years old and slightly autistic but such a joy in our lives. He's a handful too but so precious. I've never gotten a good shot for a portrait because he's never still but I'm still working on that one. And it was a wonderful night of art and I didn't have to drive through any of the storms! We're looking forward to having our nephew Chris for a couple of nights this week so I guess I'd better get up and clean up the house! I have not even unpacked yet from Columbus so there are stage clothes and lots of shoes lying around! We got a late start back to Atlanta yesterday and forgot about "spring break" - what a nightmare traffic jam! We sat for about an hour at one point but made it back safety home. I was so tired I went to sleep without my fan on last night - now, understand as a musician we MUST have a fan going to sleep. That comes from years in hotels when you have to sleep during the day and drown out all the outside noise like maid carts and kids! So I actually heard a little bit of the terrific storm we had this morning in my sub-sleep! I think I need some more so I'll say good-night!

3 comments:

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

I had to laugh about the fan comment. Cliff went to bed last night before me (very unusual) and didn't turn the fan on. When I got in bed I was there for a minute and siad I can't sleep without the fan and got back up to turn it on. Glad you had a nice easter. We did to except Teddi called off her wedding and is so sad. Poor baby. She will be OK but it hurts

claibornes corner said...

I'm so sorry - is it off for sure?

Christy said...

Ah, don't worry about Chris. He's used to having shoes all over the floor...