Friday, April 3, 2009

Two Blogs in One!

"I'm LEARNING"!!
The Front

The Garden Side


The "Fishing" side



The Girls - me, Rainell and Doc

Baby Bottles and Food at Doc's House???????? Next to the Martini Shaker!

First of all I spent a glorious day yesterday with my friend "Doc". We have missed each other and since she lives in Buckhead and I live in Cumming it's not easy to just "run" by. But I braved the storms and drove in town to her beautiful high rise condo for a "girl day". We had a wonderful lunch and I bought desert and talked and talked! She is a wonderful knitter so of course I had my little knitting bag with all my mistakes! She showed me some good things including the fact that I was purling backwards! NOW it makes sense. Stop laughing Christy! I learned how to change colors and and I'm just knitting this "thing" - it may turn out to be a scarf because I'm going to knit until I master it. You can see the boo-boo because when I got home I wanted to show Kenny so I kept going but then it thundered and Tatiana jumped on my lap - I dropped my knitting hence the "boo-boo". I re-did a few stitches but couldn't figure out how to fix the last ones -so just keep going! Our other friend, Rainell dropped by for Martini Time and we got to visit too. It was just a lovely afternoon and I have missed my friend. She's a new "nana" too so the pictures were great. And I got snuggle with Roxy (poodle) and Tink (kitty). Her other son is getting married next week, then in 3 weeks she's off for a trans atlantic cruise with her mom -you know I really hate her for this!! I just want to go with them...so when she gets back we are planning more play dates (that's what old women do) and play to stick to them. Life is too short to miss friends! Also, last week I worked in my wood shop just a little bit - I miss that too - and built new birdfeeders for my yard. I have not built a bird house in a long long time and I know my friend Dehra's (singing partner) Mom loves her birds I decided to do this one for her. She loves birds, gardening and fishing! I can't believe when I looked in my "stash" box I found these little fishes - have no idea where they came from as I have not decorated birdhouses in years! Her birthday is next week and she's in NC so I hope she likes it. I think I'll build some more too. The rain has stopped today and we are gigging at Beluga tonight and I'm ready to "raise the roof"! And Tatiana is sooooo glad the thunder is gone!


Best of My Day: Friendship







1 comment:

Christy said...

Oh my you've been busy! I'm still trying to figure out how you would be purling backwards...but, OK. Whatever :) Glad you've got some in-person help! It's the best!