Tuesday, April 28, 2009

It was a busy week!

Love these shoes!!!
Dehra and I having our fun on stage!

See the little "Blur" spinning - that's Matilda!


It's been a long time but I do have an excuse! I went to SC last week for a couple of days to see my folks and I can't get on line there! Then by the time I got back on thursday I had to unpack and repack for Columbus - Yikes all I do is pack and unpack. And believe me, I can't just "pack light". I enjoyed being at home and had a nice time. It was the two days it was so windy and chilly too so we didn't get out much. And I had lunch with my friend Maree, who brother has just passed away. It was nice to share some time with her and I got to visit her Mom a bit too. The weekend was beautiful weather and we had a good time at the club. Dehra and I got new shoes and we always sing better in new shoes - that is a fact not fiction. We hung the painting of Brock on the Tracks so Pat could see it when he walked in the house and he noticed it right away - and he loved it. I enjoy so much painting something special and passing it forward to them. It's just a small thing but something very important to me in life. I'm working on a very large painting that I started last summer that is going to be really nice. No pictures until I finish though! And of course, I'm still knitting when I watch TV or riding to Columbus! I did make a scarf that turned out pretty good. I'm going to add some fringe if I can figure it out - I looked it up so I think I can do it. And I'm very excited about this weekend. Shane (art instructor) and some of my group are coming to Columbus and we're going to "Plein Air" paint on the River Walk saturday and sunday. They are all coming to the club on Saturday night - I just hope I can do all of that! I will be tired I know. And I hope to get some dirt tomorrow and get to work on my garden - man, this week is filling up. And my most dreaded thing to do - change out winter clothes to summer!! And I really need to spring clean - Oh crap I can't think about all this right now! I need to get some sleep so I can start all this tomorrow! Oh, I just had to post the picture of Matilda "spinning around". Anyone who knows Matilda - she spins and spins when gets excited or wants something! She's just a little blur!!!

3 comments:

Christy said...

My goodness. You're like the Little Engine That Could :) Keep chuggin' along, grrl!
And, I agree about the new shoes. I can do *everything* better in new shoes!

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

Glad you're back. Sounds like you had a fun time but like me, now you have to pay the piper. I have been so busy too that it is crazy. I just changed out our summer/winter things and still need to get more storage boxes. Why oh why do I keep buying clothes and shoes. I just bought shoe storage for under the beds cause I have toooooo many, but I can't stop, I love them. I just got new orange and tourquoise heels, lovin it!!

60ish and Glad said...

I bet Pat loed the painting. I think it is remarkable! almost as remarkable as the Matilda-blur!