Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Finally finished this painting.....

Look who's on Mommy's puter?????
"Feeding the Pigeons"

16 x 20 Oil on Canvas

I had Kenny pose for a picture last spring in downtown Greer, SC and had him pretend to feed pigeons on the street. Of course, there were no pigeons on the street and that scene was so funny. My mother was sitting in the van laughing so hard especially when people starting walking up the sidewalk wondering what in the world is that man doing! I think he was a good sport for being my "model"! I started working on it last summer and it's one of those that got "put away" for a while but I did finish it tonight. And I like it! I really wish I had a good picture of Kenny playing drumns but I can't get a good photo - DUH - we're on stage together all the time. I'm still going to work on that. And just had to post this Picture of Matilda Mae - she's looking like "Is that MOI on Mommy's puter???? She's knows her cute little face! I'm snuggled in the bed waiting on the "snow flurries" tonight - we are supposed to get some tomorrow! Ha Ha - One more little blast of winter - It was in the high 70's on saturday - and we'll be back again by the weekend but this is fun! I got to wear a pair of my "Wrist Warmers" today and they really do keep your hands warm but you still have your fingers out to do things - like drive, answer the phone and Smoke!! Love them...and I did get some beautiful purple yarn today sooooo - can't wait to see how they will turn out. Its going to be cold all day tomorrow and in the 20's tomorrow night so I'm looking forward to a day at home to do laundry, clean up a bit and knit (maybe by a fire)! Trust me, it will be hot enough very very soon so I enjoy this little blast of winter just one more time!





Best of My Day - dressing in a sweat suit with my wrist warmers and driving the van with my butt warmer on!!!

1 comment:

Christy said...

The painting definitely makes me laugh too - especially since I know the story behind it!
Enjoy your cold weather. There's nothing more perfect than knitting next to a fire :)