Saturday, January 30, 2010

The visit

My wonderful Mother drove to Atlanta by herself for an overnight visit. Kenny had papers for her to sign and things to still do. We could have gone to SC but we thought it was a good time for her to get out of the house. So at almost 85 she got in that big Lincoln and drove to Atlanta! It was only for one night and she left early this morning by 10 am because it was going to snow in SC but she got home fine. We just stayed here and enjoyed being together. I got to cook her a spagetti dinner and she brought brownies and ice cream. We got all our business done and spent time talking about Daddy - cried a little - and loved a lot. We have a stronger bond I think now because it's Mother Me and Kenny. He is taking such good care of her and she is very grateful because it is very overwheming the things that have to be done. Kenny has gone through this with his Mother also this year and he's so good and compassionate making decisions and wading through paperwork. I'm grateful for him everyday. Well, they may be getting snow in SC and all we're getting is boring ole rain. Probably 30 minutes above us on 400 they have snow. We are close to the mountains but not quite in them but the pictures on the news tonight are beautiful. Oh, I wish we were in a little cabin snowed in somewhere!! We are actually off this weekend - first time I can even remember that we stayed home! We did go to Barnes and Nobles (have a $30 Christmas Gift Card) but did not buy anything. Kenny looked and I looked at knitting magazines but they were all too advanced for me yet. We came home and watched a movie - had hot chocolate with marshmellows too! So very very nice. Kinda miss my high heels though!!! If we were a lot younger we would have jumped in the van and driven to the north georgia mountains today - we did that one Christmas Eve in Vegas - drove to Mt Charleston in the snow and it's one of my greatest memories there. I've got to find something else to paint on Monday so I'm going to do some research this weekend too - and hopefully work on cleaning up my studio and the downstairs which is WAY overdue. But tonight we were just lazy and it was nice....I'm so thankful my Mother came down and she enjoyed it too. Now, we just have to get someone to help with the "kitties" and she can stay longer!! Ah, let the weekend off continue....

2 comments:

Christy said...

Wonderful weekend off! Pooh for the rain and not snow, though.
Enjoy :)

60ish and Glad said...

Good for her! I know what you mean about that bond. It is a mutual needing of one another and a sharing between mother and daughter. Good for her. We all love Kenny.