Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Dishwasher (sorta)

Where is the Plumber's Crack??????
I want my damn dinner - I learned that word from Daddy!!!

Long story short - my friend who is letting her house go back to the bank (she's getting married and moved in with her boyfriend so it's all OK) said she had just put in a new dishwasher and stove a while back and not used it very much at all. Nice Kenmore Stainless steel. She wanted to sell them really cheap so Kenny said let's not pass this up. Our dishwasher is fine - just getting old and we need a stove in the house in Columbus. It's electric and I like my gas stove. Soooo, we go way over to Marietta on Saturday and Kenny and Marvin unhook everything and we load it in the van and drive back home. I said Kenny surely you can hook up this thing - I mean really the stuff is already there and we knew some one would charge us another $100 to do it. Well, he did it - in about 5 hours - and cussing like a sailor! (or, as he said cuss like Claiborne) You see, Kenny is NOT Mr. Fix-it. He doesn't do that well at all. I try but I don't mess with any wires that have voltage running thru them and I don't know about colored wire either. It was just a little hard working underneath the washer and lying on the floor - we are way too old for that. He had me lay down on the floor and pull the hose thru - I almost couldn't get up! But good ending - it's hooked up - nothing leaks - and it does work great. The dishes are a lot more "squeaky" clean. Thank God we're not even going to try and change over the stove! I did drive back to Marietta tonight for my art group and that stove is still in the van. Kenny said we are not going to unload it then re-load it to take to Columbus. Maybe I should just pull over on the road, open my van and cook hamburgers and sell them on the street!! HA. I stayed out of his way unless he needed me - let him rant and rave and cuss while I just sat in my chair and knitted and saying Oh honey, I'm sorry - you'll do just fine - be careful for those Drummer hands - it's ok sweetie - I'll fix you a brownie and some ice cream, etc etc etc........But I have a new dishwasher - not if I could just get him to unload the damn thing!!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

LOL!!! I can just see it :)

60ish and Glad said...

It is a good thing you took a photo of the plumber because no one would have believed it otherwise!