Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Oh Crap







I really thought I was bullet proof to this cold because Kenny and Mother had it and I didn't get sick. Well, after this weekend at Beluga where everyone wants to hug and kiss I've got it. Felt it coming on yesterday and by the time I got home from Art I knew I had it. Woke up feeling really bad so made some soup, changed my sheets and blanket and spread and crawled back in the bed where I'm staying!!! I did start a new painting last night - I could not get inspired at all and had nothing to paint. So I messed around with some reference photos and decided everyone loved the Tango so much and I sold it very very quick at an art show, so I decided to do anthoer one. This one is much bigger - 24 x 30 and will look great on a wall. I'll be taking this one to the club in Columbus because it will really fit in there. So many people ask how do you start, how long does it take blah blah blah. I've decided to show the process. Shane had me NOT sketch anything - start with the thinned painted and draw shapes - I even had to turn the painting upside down so I would not think of "body parts" but shapes. This is really hard to do because your mind doesn't want you to see that. You have to keep shaking your head to get the pictures out and just look at "shapes" and negative space. I do want this painting to be very lose almost abstract. Believe me it looks abstract right now but there's lots more work to do on it. Anyway, just thought I'd keep a record of the progress and can't wait to see the final painting! I'm getting excited again - I knew I would when I got to class and I need this very bad right now. I'm going to stay in bed again tomorrow and really fight this cold and hope it doesn't get as bad as Kenny's did. Stay well everyone!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Ew. Get better fast, k?

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no need to invest much at first.
You may commense earning with a sum that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one project for several years,
and I'm ready to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I earn 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

60ish and Glad said...

I took every darn flu shot out there so I can hold Nolan. He grabbed for his rattler today. He was so proud of himself. Take care my sissy!