Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Knees

Well, it was back to the surgeon today about my knees. He IS a Dr. McDreamy but I really don't want to see him that bad! They did the X-rays and then I got the good news and the bad news. I did not re-tear anything from the surgery but I have severe arthritis in my left knee. He said remember I told you after the surgery??? Duh, I was on pain pills - actually I do remember him telling me that I may have trouble. There is a series of 5 shots once a week and I can do them every 6 months. It has to be approved by my insurance and that takes about a week. So today, he gave me a cordisone shot right in the knee - ouch dammit - and hopefully I can start the series next week. It's a lubrication shot but suposed to work pretty good. They are also very expensive so I hope I get approved by Blue Cross. So tonight it hurts really bad but I think part of that is the shot so maybe it will be better tomorrow. I just hope I can be back at least enough to perform this weekend in my high heels! It's suposed to rain tomorrow so I plan to be in my studio all day!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Oh, Nana. Ouch is right. I'm so sorry - but super-happy that you didn't tear it again.
Stay off them feet, girl.