Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Some Days just don't work

I went to the studio to paint early today. I had cooked a roast in the crockpot and cornbread so I was ready for a day of painting. Well, NOT going to happen. First, Tatiana was scared by the rain and thunder and wanted me to hold her. Matilda could care less about the rain and wanted me to throw Blue Elephant. So you can imagine what my concentration was like and also my painting. I tried working on my new still life which I did get some work done on but can't quite get the drape right. So, I decided to go back to Miss Donna - a commission for a friend in Columbus. She saw a painting of a woman in a hat (that sounds like something right up my alley) except - it was a water color on white paper. No depth, no demension, and white face and arms. NOT my style so I am trying to make an oil painting of it and I've already wasted too much time for what I'm charging her. I just hate days like this and it didn't get any better. I keep reading about every artist has to do bad paintings to get better but it frustrates the hell out of me. I'm in such a need for a "creative push" and I just can't find it. I'm in pain and I know that's part of it so I'll just have to keep trying. What I really need is about a 7 day sabactial somewhere by my myself. I've done that three times and it was amazing and the work I did always sold too. But now I have to work every weekend just to keep up and pay for the knee operation. I keep hoping this year will get better but so far it hasn't turned around. Ok, I'm going to try again and start a new painting. And it WILL be a master piece!!!

Best of My Day: I'm not sure......OK, the rain.....and both girls in bed with me now wanting to play so that's what I'm going to do.

No comments: