Monday, March 17, 2008

Wild Weather!!!

No we didn't get hit by the several tornado's in Atlanta but they came close enough! And the club was packed this weekend too so we are glad we got to work. I did a "double" on saturday - performed for the Enable Charity here in Atlanta then Beluga - I could hardly walk on Sunday or Talk! Pat and Kenny cut down the huge cedar tree by the garage - it needed to come down because it was laying on the roof. I hated to loose it but it doesn't look too bad at all. And we are going to get the house painted so it saved us a lot of money by them doing it. I sat in the driveway and "supervised"!! Then I did make them a fillet steak dinner but I was so tired I could hardly stand up. AND, today I went to see Dr A and he said my cartilage is really bad, then he grinned and said how about this friday!!! So, I'm having surgery at noon on friday - yeah, whoopie and I'll be better by gardening season. Having spent last summer with the shoulder operation I could not stand to think of going weeks (or months) before getting it done, then doing the re-hab. He's great to get me worked in - but of course this is his third surgery on me. And my Mother and Daddy are coming to "take care" of me. Kenny and the guys have to go to Columbus so it will be very nice having "Mommy" to nurse me! At least I won't have to get up and fix myself beanie weanie's!!! I'll have about a week to lie around then get the stitches out then work on my re-hab. I already have the bike from the last knee so I'll get back on that and hopefully be better very soon. We are very grateful that we did not have any damage here at our house. The pictures are pretty bad in Atlanta and one news channel tonight had a photo of the actual tornado - it looked very scary! And the best story I heard was a fireman went in and rescued a 3 month old puppy from the Cotton Mill Lofts - it had been trapped in there for 2 days and it's doing fine! I've got a lot to do now in 2 days to get ready for the surgery so I'd better get some sleep! Thanks for all the concern and prayers about the weather.....

No comments: