Tuesday, June 2, 2009

"Soul Mate"


OK, the finished painting is here....and yes, it is me and Kenny. Why else would I name it "Soul Mate"!!! I've been working on this for a long time, then put it down for a long time and finally finished it tonight. The posing for the photo was rather funny - I would set the timer on the camera - run to the couch - Kenny would throw the red blanket over my butt and the flash would go off! Believe me, it took quite a few shots and all Kenny had to do was lie there - I did all the running back and forth and boy was I tired! And one of the funniest things is once I hit the timer and about that time Matilda jumped up to be with her Daddy! I thought about painting in the dogs and this being our Christmas Card this year..............well, maybe not. It's a very special painting for us and I believe this one will not be sold.....

3 comments:

Christy said...

Gorgeous. I can see why you'd want to keep it all for yourself :)

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

OMG I love it. It looks just like Kenny. You never cease to amaze me!!!! I am so envious. I do so wish I had your talent. Oh well at least you are my friend and I can look at what you do!!

60ish and Glad said...

That's a very funny story. I laughed out loud. But I am glad you have a special piece for yourself. SO thank yourself for the nice present. You deserve it.