Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Painting in Progress

24 x 48
Well, I said I never publish a painting in progress but everyone in class is excited about this one and somtimes it's nice show how it begins. I had laid in the Elephant herd then worked on the front elephant tonight. You can tell the ones that are just barely laid in - I have lots of work to do on them but I'm having a blast painting this. I love to paint figures so this is different and exciting. Everyone knows I love color and this is great to experiment with this. I don't want it too realistic but not too abstract either - somewhere in between! This is a wedding present I'm doing for someone but I may try some more wild life paintings this summer. It's fun!! Counting down the days until we can go camping! The original photo is a couple of blogs down from this one.....

2 comments:

Christy said...

Gorgeous! I really love all that orange - so vibrant.

60ish and Glad said...

I love elephants and I think it looks finished - but then again I can't sing either.