Friday, June 26, 2009

Puppy Pool

We got a Puppy Pool and Mommy made us take a bath!!!
Baby's memorial - there is also one for the kitty

My Cousin, Danny Green and his Garden


Yeah - whoopie - hotdog - we got a Puppy Pool from Petsmart! It even has dog bone shapes in the bottom! Sure could have used this in the camp ground! We had a wonderful time at Granny and Papa's house this week. An update - my mother is all better - think she had a "bug". The night she did not feel well me and Daddy cleaned the kitchen and did the dishes. I used to hate doing that but I tell you I don't know when I've enjoying washing dishes so much. We talked about camping and dogs and Daddy knew exactly where every dish went and he made sure I knew not to put them in the wrong place. You see my mother Loves dishes (I do too) and has several sets. So her cabinets are quiet full and you have to know where they go. After we finished my Daddy said in his classic humor - 'I've never seen so many damn dishes in my life"!!! I just laughed and said yeah but you know where they go and you also know that a lot of great food has been on those dishes! With my mother, you always set the table correctly - knife and spoon on the left - fork and salad fork on the right under the napkin. And God forbid you serve something in a container or pot!! Everything must go in glass dishes - even mayo or mustard. I know that sounds weird to some people but I cherish that and now I do it too. If I get sloppy sometimes I also say Don't tell my Mother! I appreciate all those little things that my Mother taught me. I surely did not inherit her love of cooking and cleaning but I do know how to do it! We also visited my cousins (my favorite, Danny Green) and his garden is wonderful. We grew up almost like brother and sister - the closest thing I had to a brother and I love him so. Him and Betsy recently lost their 20 year Poodle and the memorial they made to Baby is just beautiful. So, once again, I'm tired - can't sleep well up there because Daddy is cold all the time and I sweat in the house! The girls got their pool from Granny and even loved their bath in it outside. I finally got unpacked from 2 weeks away and got the yard work done and watered my garden. I got to take Daddy green beans, eggplant and we had lettuce and cucumbers here. I got one tiny tomato too! It's Beluga tomorrow night and boy I'm ready for it!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Love the gardens and the pool!
Your mama knows how to make just anything special - pretty dishes and a little bit of glassy sparkle can make even mayonnaise look fancy :)