Monday, June 8, 2009

We're FINALLY going camping!!!

We bought the tent last October and it's been in the basement. Mother bought me a stove and gave us a folding table and chairs and got my camping box all ready to go. Well, we never did get to go. Soooooo, we are doing two weekends in Columbus and they are putting the new roof on next week and there is no way I'm staying in the house while that is being done. Tatiana would totally freak out and no one would get any sleep. We went to Walmart today and bought our air beds and we took the tent out and figured out how to put it up. We're going to play next weekend at Belloo's then Monday go to the State Park at Calloway Gardens - it's only about 40 minutes from Columbus. Just hope it doesn't rain - if that happens we'll just stay in the cottage but I really need this camping trip. Just to be in the woods and relax! There is work on camping trips but it's so different. I've got lots of planning to do this week, plus pack for 2 weekends on stage and camping clothers - oh Lord, I'll have tons of bags! So busy busy week but looking forward to some down time in the woods! We also got Matilda a new big ball at Walmart - she loves this and played in the yard.

3 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

I cannot help but laugh at that video. Such a little thing playing with such a big ball. She is so cute. Ebbie learned to walk on a leash this weekend. We babysat Muffin - the boss's dog and walked with her. Oh, BTW - I laughed and laughed at your comment on my Fly post! Enjoy camping and don't forget the bug spray.

Christy said...

Hooray! Finally!
Hope you take lots of great pictures...

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

Glad you're going to get away and hope you get to relax. I am not much of a camper, that's why I rented a cabin, but it is nice to be in the woods away form the phones etc. You would not believe the weather here. In the low 80's and its almost the middle of June. What the hell?