Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Camping Trip to Pine Mountain

Matilda earns her Campfire Badge!
The nightly lighting of the Tiki Torch!

Our view


Our campsite



Our new tent - all ready for night-night




Tatiana's first camping trip





We finally made it - a camping trip and boy, was it needed. It's hot but we have a fan and it's not too bad today. We had a kinda rough first night - there was a beautiful storm of rolling thunder and a lightning show - just beautiful - but you know our Tatiana is terrified of storms so I got no sleep at all. I had to go back to bed at 10am and slept until 2:30. But I woke to Kenny frying bacon - yum - so we our "camping" breakfast at 3 pm - normal for us! I was a little foggy yesterday but after a while starting feeling better. Pat and Brock came up and we grilled steaks and potatoes and salad. And we did have our campfire. It's beautiful here and we love the new tent. It's very comfortable. Slept good last night - thank you xanax and Tatiana's pills! - and I have a crockpot of stew going for tonight's dinner. Today is the last full day so it's rest, rest, rest. It's back to Columbus tomorrow and a nice dinner out tomorrow night with Mel, George and Pat then back to the grind on friday and saturday. I'm sooooo glad to be camping again. I love it so much. Now, for the rest of the summer we will pick a nice cool spot in the mountains with a rushing creek but will probably come back here in the fall. oooooooh, I love camping!

2 comments:

Christy said...

sounds soooo perfect!

60ish and Glad said...

Oh she is so cute sleeping by the fire. Oh - so cute!! Glad you finally got there. Me - I would rather camp in a hotel,