Friday, October 17, 2008

A Quick Visit

Maggie and her Uncle Kenny
Maggie and Adam playing in New York

Maggie and the Green Tomatoes


Just a short short visit from Maggie, Adam, and Deb last night. They are on their way home from New York after visiting "Pop" - Deb's Dad. It was so great to see all of them and Maggie was sooooo sweet when she got here. We met them at the top of the hill and got here out of the "House on Wheels". I got hugs and kisses and then "let me down I want my Uncle Kenny" and then she tore off down the hill into his arms! And Adam was so glad to get in the back yard and out of the crate! Maggie wanted to catch "fire flys" like we did this summer and we got the jars and everything but I think they have all flown south - is that where fire flies go??? We ran and played in the yard then came inside. Kenny was going to watch the debate and Maggie (they always remember) said I want some ice cream! Well, we didin't have any ice cream but I told her Aunt Claiborne has something better - a Snow Cone!!! I found a "pampered chef" shaved ice thingy this summer at the thrift store. Brand new and still in the Box for $2.00 - I love it and you mix up this syrup with kool-aid. So I made her a Cherry Icie and she loved it. Mommy Deb liked it too but Maggie wanted hers so Deb did not get very much. Maggie said I made the best "icies" in the world. So Deb said it was jammie time and oh no - not yet - please mama - Aunt Claiborne tell me a story. So we go and I make up a story about Maggie Fire Fly and how she had to get from New York to Georgia - it was fairly long (you know me) and when we got to the part of how all the fire flies found their way to the Back Yard in Georgia and The End - you KNOW what happeded - Tell it again, Aunt Claiborne!!! So after lights out and a short version of the story Maggie was gone night-night. Deb and I got a bit of time to sit in the swing downstairs and visit which was really nice. I miss her and so glad I've been able to see her 3 times this year! Poor Adam was so tired he laid between us and slept. We all got up this morning and had some more backyard time and Maggie found the last of the green tomatoes. Too soon it was time for them to hit the road to FL so we all had lots of hugs, kisses and licky's from everyone and off they go. We hope to see them again this spring. It's alwasy so nice for them to come and Maggie is just a dream (although I have no idea how Deb keeps up with her!!!) So they should be home safe and sound tonight and I'll bet Maggie says Mom, tell the story of Maggie Fire Fly!!! We love you guys!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Awww, sweet :) Those little girls always love their Uncle Kenny, don't they?

60ish and Glad said...

It is so neat that you saw them recent enough that she remembers. That is the best! When they remember you...see - you are soon going to be super nana and super Uncle kenny.

60ish and Glad said...

I had to catch up. Looks like you have been bloggy lately. Grat shtos at Belugas and I love the santa painting. it is one of my favorites over the years. Notice the change in my handle??