Thursday, October 2, 2008

My Mother is 83

Mother riding "Bonnie Blue Bell" on her 83rd Birthday!!
Ha - she has more energy than me! We had a wonderful couple of days in SC celebrating My and Mother's birthday - poor Daddy! Two old red-headed women with birthdays! We went to Olive Garden with my cousin Karen and Paul - wonderful time and dinner. Then the next day Karen took us to "The Clock" - a Greer must - for lunch. Mother bought Kenny and I a camping stove to go with our "tent" for the great camping trip next week. But then we got home and she started going thru her "stuff" and you would think we bought out "Dick's Sporting Goods". Let's just say we are totally outfitted to camp now. A wonderful little folding table and chairs that they used on the Parkway will be just right for inside the tent. I can't wait to sit by a campfire! And I did get enough gas to get home too and it is getting a little better in Atlanta now but still not good. I hope we have some folks come out to Beluga this weekend - Billy is already crying about not making any money and can't pay for the sax player this weekend. Everyone is hurting right now and we just pray things will get better soon. It's a tough time for everyone and I'm just grateful for what we have. We're all home tonight safe and sound and cuddled in bed for very cool night - low 50's - yeah. I'm very tired but once again grateful for a trip home and time with my mother and daddy. My camera battery died but get a load of this 83 year old on a trike! The end of our day yesterday was a trike ride - we joked about at out age we out in the dark riding in the road on our trike's with Tatiana and Matilda wrapped in little blankets in the baskets - I just love the picture........

2 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

You make me want a trike - cooler temperatures and a snuggly blanket!

Christy said...

Your mama is amazing:) Have fun camping! Wish I could come!