Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Finally I can Post it.........

Our Friends Deb and her painting

Maggie loving on Tatiana


The "Discovery" of the Painting

There's my "Uncle Kenny"

I love this - Adam and Deb
The Star!!

Gathering in the Garden

Now there is a pair!!

Adam and Maggie

After the much anticipated visit from Deb, Adam and Maggie I can now post the "Pass it Forward" painting. After our visit to Fl and meeting Adam and Maggie this painting just "poured" out o me! Deb is a treasured friend and we share out love of yorkies - we got Mellie and Chloe the same day. I took a few photos in Fl and really did not want to ship this so they came by our house on their way back from NY in the "House on Wheels". After the exciting discovery of the painting hanging on the wall! The pics are priceless....we had a wonderful visit..See, Kenny and I (Uncle Kenny and Aunt Claiborne) have added another "Grandchild" to our herd. We ran and played and picked tomatoes and cucumbers and ran and played some more (I honestly don't know how Deb does it!) I had purchased a few little items - coloring books and crayons, books to read, stickers, stuffed animals, etc. and put them on Maggie's bed. Of course, the first thing she did was open the closet doors and there was the "real" treasure - a huge tub of "stage high heels". That did it - no need for toys or books or anything. Then her little eyes spotted the "stage dresses"! We put a orange "dress" on her and of course had to go downstairs to find just the right hat to complete her outfit. And don't forget feather boas - a must! What a cutie. She finally found a pair of high heel boots she could actually walk in - probably better than me! And Adam - oh my - I had 3 Yorkies' in my house - heaven!!!! This really tug my heart strings - I would have a dozen if I could. He is a precious little boy the sight of him running thru the backyard at full speed and diving onto Matilda!! Matilda just squealed a lot but Tatiana actually liked having him around! Deb and I did get to go a nice lunch. Her cousin Tiernan is on the trip with her back home to be "Mommy's Helper" for a couple of weeks so she and Uncle Kenny looked after Maggie and the puppies for a little while. Tiernan is a great 16 year old - not many of those around! And just what IS it about "Uncle Kenny"? All the children just love him and LISTEN to him at the same time - How does he do that???? It was whirlwind couple of days and we enjoyed every minute of it. We they all left yesterday we both looked at each other and said - boy it's quiet - which is nice but at the same time a little sad - we miss them already! I will say we both went to bed early - you know for me and Kenny that is almost never done. Friends - what a treasure in this crazy world. There are people that pass through your life as different times and you remember them with smiles and then there are the friends that are embedded in your heart forever - that is my friend Deb.........









2 comments:

Christy said...

Just beautiful. And what little girl COULD pass up your closet?

60ish and Glad said...

Wow! What a wonderful gift for your friend. I see why you have fallen in love with that darling. I can see the experienced Nana and Uncle Kenny doing their thing.