Thursday, June 5, 2008

Painting with Emma







This was one of my favorite things I did while in Florida. Our great-niece Emma loves to paint and I wanted to paint with her and at the same time try to give a little instruction. We set up two easels and I talked all the way through it - imagine that!!! Really, I tried to explain why we started with the sky, then put the mountains (they are behind the trees). We painted for about 2 1/2 hours and she got tired but was a trooper. They are not masterpieces but I'm so proud of her and how she listened. I think we will have a great artist in Emma and I hope I'm just a tiny part of it.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Of course - you are a big part of her path to being an artist. This was a real highlight for her too. And - I think "masterpiece" is in the eye of the beholder! I have never owned a more precious, priceless bit of art! Thank you so much for all that you pour into my children - we are so blessed to have you!

60ish and Glad said...

Indeed my sweet sistah! You can bet your booties I was tired too. I think today I finally caught up on my rest. It's raining a Florida shower, dad's is watching the Rays and Mom is reading her email.