Friday, December 14, 2007

December 13th

This is the day my dearest friend became an Angel. It's hard to believe it's been 8 years that Kathy Morrow has left us. She fought a long hard battle with breast cancer. Kathy is my oldest friend - we were 3 and 1 when we built our house "across the road" and we grew up as playmates and sisters. Not everyone is blessed enough to know a friendship like this. This goes back to your earliest memories in life and there she is. It's different from having an actual sister because she is my "chosen" sister. As we grew from children our lives sometimes took separate directions but we always came back around to each other. And we were always there for each other no matter what. After Kenny and I moved back to Atlanta Kathy was already fighting her battle and Kenny got to know her for the wonderful person she was. He named her "Kitty Kat" and she loved him too. It's important to me that my "soul mate" in life got to know and love my "sister " in lie. That is a great connection. I still miss her every day but I know she is at peace now and I also know that she is my guardian angel. She looks down on me and gives me comfort and laughs at me sometimes too. She was the one who thought everything I did was great and was always proud of me - you don't find that in life too often either. So my dear friend I remember you on this day not because it's the day you died but because I'm so grateful I had you my life all those years. I love you Kitty Kat.

This is a poem I wrote in the spring after Kathy has passed away. I'd like to post it on this blog.

A Star

Today I picked a flower
It smelled so pretty and and sweet
The sun was shing in the sky
And the birds singing with their tweets
As the sun went down - The dusk rolled in
I took the flower outside
I made a wish and kissed it once
Then threw it to the sky
As I lookd up there was an angel
Who caught the flower in her wing
Then turned it into a shining star
As she began to sing
So when you look into the sky
Open your heart and release your sorrow
For the brightest star in all the sky
Has a name and it's Kathy Morrow......

Kathy Morrow January 3rd, 1952 - December 13th, 1998

3 comments:

Kristy said...

MamaC,

Maybe Kathy and Laura are sitting side by side watching over us both, laughing at all the silly things we do. That poem was so great, and so true.

Love you Mama!
BabyGirl

Christy said...

A beautiful post. I am lucky enough to know such a friendship in my life, too. It's wonderful that you are still marking this occasion and remembering her.

60ish and Glad said...

I think of her too - and remember your friendship everytime I put on the necklace you gave me. You were the best friend to her any woman could ever have wanted because you always give so much of yourself to those around you. That's why your heart is so great - the more you give it away - God brings ten-fold back to you! I love being part of that 10-fold. Sissy forever!