Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Bah Bah Humbug Flu

I'm afraid Kenny has the flu and it's not pretty. He started feeling bad on Sunday night and then had to go to Athens for a big meeting on Monday. He "crawled" home Monday evening and went straight to bed (you know he's really sick then). He has stayed in bed today and eaten a little bit and drank some Gator Aide and Apple Juice. We have one the biggest gigs of the year this Thursday night and we just hope he will be a little better. You know, the show must go on - believe me - been there done that. My first year in Las Vegas I had the flu on New Year's Eve and it was miserable. Good news is housekeeping came today so the house is clean, and I finished up my "little" stuff shopping for my mother - Yeah - Whoopee.. And I wrapped all the gifts tonight so there - DONE! We do have to go to Columbus this weekend too so it's going to be a rough one for Kenny. He keeps telling me to wash my hands - they are raw!! - I only have a sore throat but I think I'm OK. I believe the Scotch helps! I just hope Kenny will feel a little better by Christmas so he can enjoy it. I have to try on my dress with my high heels tomorrow and see if I have to hem it and pack for Columbus because I won't have time for that on Thursday. Tatiana was so sweet and stayed in bed with her Daddy today. Matilda followed me around - could not figure out what was going on! We're all snuggled in the bed now and hopefully get a good night's sleep - sleep well my Kenny and get well.

1 comment:

60ish and Glad said...

Poor Kenny. Claiborne - get yourself some Zycam immediately. It reduces the effects of a cold or flu. IT works great. I use the swabs for the nose. Stay well.