Sunday, November 4, 2007

ah.....My Sunday Night Rest

Another busy but great week end at Beluga. Lauren was back but still stuggling with her voice. She sounded great anyway and the "Pump" from the crowd is just too hard to describe. LeBron stayed with us this weekend and I said I'm tired of Chinese Food (he loves it) so we went to a new place right down the street called "Shane's Ribs". It was very good and I had waited on Kenny and LeBron all day to wake up so I REALLY was hungry! While I was waiting on them I wrapped the Christmas Gifts to take to Florida. I love to make pretty packages but it's still way too early for me to be in the Christmas Mood. To me it's Thanksgiving morning smelling the turkey cooking and getting ready for the big dinner. Then as soon as you see The Rockettes and Santa Claus on the Macy's Parade - now THAT is when Christmas hits me!!! I love to decorate the day after Thanksgiving but I'll have to wait until we get home. But I haven't done any more Christmas shopping - I'll save that closer to "the season". We did cut the grass today probably for the last time this year so the yard looks nice. I do still have some zinnia's (faded but still colorfull) but it is suposed to get to 30 degrees Tuesday night so that will be the end of that! And I still picked peppers in my side garden today - I can't believe it - they haven't been watered since September! Now, I'll have some peppers for Ricky when he gets here on Wednesday. We are excited about Ricky coming for a visit. There are too few times when a friend like Ricky comes along and even with him living in Las Vegas and us here we have remained close all these years. I treasure that and his friendship. I have a lot to do before Wednesday but I just had to take tonight off and that's just what we did!!!

Best of My Day: Our humble yard which I love to watch Tatiana and Matilda running and running and running......

2 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

OOOOO...shiver! the 30's....that's a wee bit to Christmasy for me. I was freezing this mornign at 50 degrees! - Something about the weather makes you feel fresh though....

Christy said...

Peppers still? How fun! And, humble though it may be, your yard is beautiful and brings so much enjoyment to you and your babies:) What a blessing.