Thursday, September 3, 2009

Beautiful day


I've been in such a funk lately that I almost missed a beautiful day. I tried to paint yesterday - bad idea - well, I did paint 3 cigar boxes but mostly looked at photos and tried to find something I want to paint. My neice, Christy is taking a photograpy class and judging by the pictures on her blog I'll have plenty of fresh idea's to work with - great great job Christy! I'm also happy to report that Baby Nolan is doing very well and so is Mommy Mindy - he is breathing on his own now and Thank you Lord for this precious tiny baby. Soooooo, got up, took a shower, and decided to go check out a campgroud about 37 miles from our house in the mountains. It was just OK and I think I'll keep looking. I rode through the town of Dahlonega and walked around the square. It was such a beautiful day - rolled down all the windows, opened the sun roof and listened to my book on CD. I found one shop that might be a painting. Drove back home and to Kroger - came back and made us a nice dinner. I really really need a break right now just from the day to day stuff. What I really need is a week's vacation but that's not going to happen. So, I'm hoping for about a 3 day camping trip sometime this month. Tomorrow it's laundry and packing for Columbus this weekend. I've got all the window's open and gonna sleep with them like that!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Thanks :) I'm definitely having fun with my class and you can definitely use my photos for reference anytime!
I wish it was getting cooler here...bleah.

60ish and Glad said...

I am getting a hankering for some cooler weather. THis week has flown by with a daily hospital visit. I touched little Nolan's head and his eyebrows raised. He also like pushing his foot against my hand. It must have felt like Mommy's tummy. Our vacation has been put on hold - hmmm...I am not complaining. Thanks for your prayers. Bet your Nana genes are kicking in = and the drive to Florida won't seem so bad this time at thanksgiving.