Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bad Cold - YUK

Mel and I enjoying our cigar after the chili!!





My first bad cold of the season and it's not even cold!!! It's rainy - which I love - but muggy and that makes a cold more miserable. Our Chili Night at Belloo's was great and everyone loved the chili. On the way home yesterday my ears stopped up and by the time we got home I was feeling pretty bad. I lay down in the bed and just passed out! I slept about 4 hours - that deep exhausted sleep and then Kenny got me some tomato soup an crackers and I went back to sleep. That's the best thing for me when I get a cold and this exhausted - sleep. I stayed in bed today but we had a dinner engagement planned so I got up - took a shower and dressed - actually felt a little better by then. We had an amazing dinner with friends Kristen and Bill. We've been trying to get together for a while so there's was no way I was not going. It was a very nice evening and I'm back in back now. All my "stuff" from Columbus is sitting in the floor of the bedroom and I guess I'll just do the laundry and repack tomorrow. Damn, I need a real vacation so bad. I'm going to rest now.....The photo's are some of my "Big Boys" in Columbus eating my chili!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Aw - take care & get all-better soon Nana!

60ish and Glad said...

Glad every one liked the chili. FIgured they would. BUt don't you be smoking cigars too much!! THose bad boys stink to high heaven!