Thursday, July 2, 2009

Something to wear to the Emerald City!!!


I finally did it! I found a knitting pattern for a hat that you did not have to do in the round! And I made one tonight - it's easy, fast and I love it. I wish they made more colors in this thick yarn (size 19 needles) but I do like this green. I shall just skip down the Yellow Brick Road and knock on the Wizard's door and I know he'll let me in with my green hat! I'm making the Wrist Warmers to match. Damn, I can't wait for cold weather!! The photo is terrible but I couldn't wait for me to get all dolled up in make-up. We also went to the vet today for Matilda's yearly checkup and shots. She was soooo good - not even a wimper and Dr. Arin asked her if she still did her "spin-around" and she did it for her! We also may have found a solution for the "fleas" - I hate fleas and put the stuff on their back every month from the vet and they still get fleas. Now they have developed a pill that kills the fleas in 30 minutes and suposed to last a whole month. Well, I gave them one today and cannot find any fleas on them at all. I just hope it passes the "Columbus" test and will really last a whole month. That would be great. They bother Tatiana so bad and she gets bites on her. We now have to have "pool time" every evening and play in the pool with the balls. Matilda still could care less about it but Tatiana waits to be put in the pool and she'll just stay there and play with the balls - she's so funny. Happy 4th of July to everyone - we'll be in Columbus and see beautiful fireworks from the club and then we're having a "luau" Saturday night - with limbo, grass skirts and coconut bras (sure hope they have some huge cocounuts for me!!!!)

2 comments:

Christy said...

Have lots of fun this weekend! Love the hat :)

60ish and Glad said...

We had a flea problem even with the stuff on the neck. The pills work great and so far last about 45 days. Hoep it works for the girls. Hula! Hula! Smile.