Friday, July 24, 2009

The Elephant Charge

"The Elephant Charge"
24 x 48
Oil on Board
I think I finished this tonight. I enjoyed painting this so much and looking forward to doing some more wild life. This is for our special friends Shawn and Andrea for their wedding present which I hope will be dry and I can deliver it next weekend. I was so glad to be able to paint today. We had Mel and George (Shawn's parents and our partners in Belloo's) here last night for dinner and spend the night. We had such a wonderful time - a great meal - and good friendship. What makes this painting special is Shawn asked me years ago if he ever got married would I do a painting for him and he is marrying a wonderful girl, Andrea. And she has no idea that I know she loves and collects elephants! Hope I can get a camera shot of her face when she sees it! It's back to work tomorrow at Beluga and I've "done my roots" so bring it on baby!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Hooray for roots being done :) And the painting is so beautiful. I can see how it must have been fun. Especially that lead elephant's eyes. That one looks fierce and jolly all at once - to me anyway.

60ish and Glad said...

I love tye painting too So does mom.