Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Old Women fall down steps!!!!


Ouch. Yep, I did it - fell "completely" off the the stage and down the steps at Belloo's after my second show on friday night. I always go out into the audience on the last song and head for the dressing room. Of course, the lights are in your eyes and you can't actually see the steps. Dehra and I always help each other down and she is out right now due to throat problems. Larry said I'll help you but when I looked over he was playing with both hands on the sax and of course, I can get down the damn steps! I was going to balance myself on the monitor (which was sitting on a milk crate) and as soon and I put my hand on it to balance the "four inch" heels it toppled over and I went right along with it. Several people rushed to help me up I just laughed and said Somebody get me a Scotch!!! The elbow took the worse hit -I was trying to save my microphone by holding it up! There are lots more bruises but I will spare anyone those pictures. And for that show I had on blacks shorts and a frilly top so no one saw my girdle!! I think they did see it on the first show during "copa cabana" when I dance and flip my dress! Oh, well, the show must go on and it did - I was very sore the next day but got right back in those heels and danced the night away (only this time I made SURE there were plenty of young hard bodied soldiers to help me up and down the steps. And Kenny is very glad he doesn't have to buy a new cordless microphone this week - the things I do for this man!!!!

2 comments:

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

Oh my gosh, you poor thing. You are lucky it's only bruises. I fell yesterday getting gas, it was raining and the pavement was slick and I slipped and fell right on my butt and was soaked with oil and water. I wonder why we fall so much easier when we get old? Glad your'e OK and that Kenny didn't have to go mic shopping. Doesn't it make you feel like an idiot? Seems like I am constantly tripping or something. Maybe it's the shoes and we should have better sense than to wear them but I refuse to give up damn it. It's 4" heels till I die!!!!!

Christy said...

LOL! Girl! Sounds like it was *spectacular.* That's the only way to go down - in a spectacular fashion.