Friday, February 27, 2009

Delivering Daddy's Portrait


Tatiana giving Papa sugar!!

The Portrait





Kenny and I drove to SC on Tuesday to see Mother and Daddy AND take him his portrait that I painted. He had seen the very beginning but this was the first time he had seen the finished painting. I was so excited and didn't know Kenny was making a movie - I thought he was going to take pictures so I kept saying the Flash is not turned on! It took him a while to get me to understand he was taking a movie! I think you can see that Daddy liked it (even though the light was all wrong) and when he wiped a tear from his eye I almost lost it! We all went for a lovely dinner and had a great visit the next day too. He gets so tired but he held up very well for 96 years old! We did get a couple of pictures too - I'm just so proud of my Daddy.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a mix of emotions on your Dad's face.....pride, joy, surprise, and such love. You did
great, you are amazing! What a
wonderful heartfelt gift.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Deb

Christy said...

Beautiful!! What a beautiful moment!

60ish and Glad said...

I loved his reaction. It was so genuine. It made it all worthwhile didn't it. So glad to Kenny got a movie - but next time Hush yo' mouth and let him take the video!" (I know....I know... you didn't know it was on. I am just messin' with ya)