Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Daddy's Portrait - I finished it!


I cried a little when I signed this portrait....I took the picture Christmas morning this year, 2008... And Daddy turned 96 on January 14th 2009! It wasn't a "posed" picture - I was just snapping while he was waiting on the coffee to brew and we were going to open presents. I just loved the way the light hit his hands - those wonderful strong hands that held me, pushed me on my first bike, built my tree house, planted in the earth and guided me through life. I will be taking it to him on my next trip to SC and hope he loves it as much as I do........And I love him....

5 comments:

Christy said...

Oh, Claiborne. It's beautiful. The tenderness and love that you put into it are obvious.

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

It is so tender and wonderful. Only those of us whose parents are aging can really appreciate what you "see". Hopefully you can do a companion piece of Kenny's dad!!

G-MA T said...

You really captured your father. That is SO good.

claibornes corner said...

ooh, I love that GMaT is online!! We gotta get the internet at the house for you!

60ish and Glad said...

We sure do. She needs it. We should get it as a birthday gift. Where's my note where I said I love the light. It is masterful!!!