Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tired but love to paint...

I am so exhausted from the weekend - which by the way was PACKED at Beluga. We had a great two night - the band sounded great and the crowd was wonderful and wild. It just felt good to have it like the old days...Did nothing on Sunday except eat Mexican Food and watch the Oscars - I never see the movies - just like to watch the show. I got a few things done today but I am still tired. But I made myself get in the van and drive to Marietta for my Art Group. I'm working on a very special commission (pictures when I finish) and I've got the painting to a point where I can finish and sign it next week. Kenny and I are going to SC tomorrow to see Mother and Daddy for just one night. I'm taking his "portrait" to give to him so I'm excited for him to see it. He had an eco-gram last week and the heart Doc said his valves are deterating and they did put him on some medicine. I know at 96 years old this does happen. I just want him to feel good - he's so tired right now. And I can't talk about this either. I do need to get up and give my dirty little Yorkie children a bath before we go to Granny and Papa's - they have to wear their new dresses! I wonder what the kitties will think? HA! That's about all going on right now and I'm am going to sleep I hope very soon.....
Best of My Day........Painting a beautiful Portrait!

3 comments:

60ish and Glad said...

Well, I am glad to hear it was packed. People need a time to relax and have fun - even in rough economic times. Can't wait to hear what your Dad says about the painting.

Christy said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! We watched the Oscars too - but I fell asleep on the couch about halfway through! Can't wait to hear how your daddy likes his painting ;)

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

Hurray for Hollywood!!Enjoy your trip to your folks and I know your Daddy will love his painting. We finally have sun today.