Friday, February 6, 2009

Valentine Bird Houses


First of all - I feel better today - very very strange. I really thought I had the flu and slept about 12 hours. My fever broke in the middle of the night and woke up not hurting. I still feel weird and my throat hurts but I'll be fine for tonight. Now, my little project for Valentines - I made these "faux" birdhouses and plan to give them out at Belloo's to the ladies. So far I have 60 of them cut out - not all put together yet. I spray them white then stain them to look old. I paint the red heart and put the "nest" in. I looked for some tiny eggs but can't find any so I'm using a silver bead for an egg. I used all scrap wood and had all the other stuff (see, don't throw away your craft material!). I think it will be nice and hopefully everyone with like them. You can put them in your garden or in a windowsill. Happy Valentines Day!!! Well, next week......

4 comments:

Christy said...

So cute!

Cliff Cole & Debbie Basora said...

Damn I wish I was going to be there and score a birdhouse. They are soooooooooooo cute.

60ish and Glad said...

Claiborne you always think of others. How cute and what a lot of work. I would just buy a card....that's why I don't make money signing in a bar.

60ish and Glad said...

I meant singing...see I can't even SPELL the word!!!! Of course you CAN sing....