Thursday, February 5, 2009

Cleaning Day

Tatiana says aren't I pretty with new Bow???
Matilda on Bath Day with new our new bows!!!

Baths, Mopping, Dusting, Cleaning - Yuk...I miss my housekeeper! Times is Tough! But I got it done and it feels good - except my back. But I did take a nice hot bath and feel better. We are just hoping a lot of us don't get the flu - Kenny's brother Bob went home to Mn yesterday from Florida with the Flu! Of course, all of us were together last week plus at the church where there lots and lots of people shaking hands. I'm pretty sure we missed it because we left on Friday plus we did have a flu shot. Our brother-in-law Bill just left today for a trip of a lifetime to Israel so we really pray he didn't get it - that would be miserable. I did work in my wood shop yesterday and it felt so good I can't even tell you how much. I have missed my saws and the sawdust - except my nose is stopped up but it's worth it. I'm working on a little project - pictures will have to come later. It was too cold today to stay downstairs so that's why I decided to clean - duh! Now we are in bed and Tatiana wants to play "Throw the squeaky hot dog off the bed" - it's a favorite game and I have to get up and get it! I'm really tired of this game and it's cold! Lower teens tonight and it didn't get above freezing today which I do like! Cozy fireplace time tonight with my knitting. But by Saturday we're in the mid-upper 60's - Wow - Atlanta weather - what can I say. Our friend Ricky was home in England and was leaving when the snow storm hit London. We thought he would be stuck but he got one of 10 planes that got to get out. He did get stuck in Philly for one night but made it back to sunny Las Vegas. Now, I wish I had been in London for that snowstorm! It was 17 years ago this month (Feb 10th) that we flew to London for the first time. I loved it then and that's where my obsession of PG Tips Tea began - actually in Eastleigh where Ricky is from. His Mum fixed me my first cup of tea that had sugar and milk in it - I had never been able to drink hot tea - and I fell in love! I have drank it now for 17 years - I used to order it on line or depend on friends to bring some to me from England but now I'm so pleased that Whole Foods carry PG Tips! I had a lovely cup tonight with a hot bath and it did the trick! Very Proper! I think I kinda got off track but had to post the pictures of the girls with their new Bows - Maggie send them from Florida - a whole bag full and they look so cute and they know it too!!! Now if I can just get Tatiana to quit throwing that damn hot dog off the bed - Matilda is just watching from her Snuggle Ball!!!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Cute, cute bows!
Can't wait to see the new project...

60ish and Glad said...

that's cool about Ricky's mom making your first c up of milked and sugared tea....I didn't know that.